Monday, November 30, 2009

Sheesh!

My friend went and had her baby two days early! The nerve, I tell you. She called last week to tell me she was breech and would be going in for a C-section on Tuesday (tomorrow), and that threw me into high gear on the quilting front. But then she moved it up some more! Now I am officially late with the quilt, and that is bad. I'm more industrious when the deadline is looming than I am when the deadline is past. I'm going to fight that, though, because I spent the morning making a rather ambitious Christmas list, and thanks to Sew, Mama, Sew's gift ideas, at least half the things on this morning's list are hand-made items. We'll see if I make it happen.
Anyway, here is a little peek at the hand-quilting:
It's hard to see, but if you look closely, there are those stitches (which good quilters would make MUCH smaller) I've been slaving over for the last week and a half. Yikes, I say. Plus, when I really look at it I'm sort of horrified: it is quite big for a baby. Newborns are notoriously small, and this quilt is very large in comparison. She will grow into it. Yeah, that's it.

Now, to find my thimble and get cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment