Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Favorite Breakfast...

Consists of:
1. Peach yogurt. I know it's shamefully high in sugar, but I hate the taste of the fake stuff and I love how peach yogurt goes with...
2. Peanut butter toast. A simple, protein-containing classic. But these sweet and salty components need one more taste to truly sing. They need...
3. Strong black coffee.


I don't know. Is it that everything has a really strong flavor? The yogurt's reeeaallllllyyyyyy sweet; the peanut butter toast is very salty (and crunchy! Yum); the coffee is bitter and black and rich and unadulterated by the dairy products I occasionally add.
I had a long and rambling bit about how my perfect breakfast is like Rock, Paper, Scissors in its elegant simplicity and balance, but I deleted that because it was embarrassing (even though no one is reading or even aware of the existence of this blog, I like to put out a quality product).

Oh, and Dog loves to lick clean the dregs of my yogurt container. And she loves tiny bites of peanut butter toast. Sadly for her, she never developed a taste for coffee, so she is doomed to live the rest of her life missing one leg in the golden tripod of My Favorite Breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment