Saturday, November 20, 2010

Consumerismmmmmm!!

We're getting a new camera! We're getting a DSLR Canon with so many buttons and switches it's going to take me ten years to figure it all out!

We're trading in credit card points for Best Buy gift cards and we might go buy the camera on Black Friday (Eek! Never been! Hate shopping!) because it will be on sale that day. We have to get our gift cards in time, though, so my fingers are very much crossed.

We visited a very nice camera store this morning in Columbus, and the guy was very helpful and he convinced P that I was right about the Canon Rebel T2i (which I'm not linking to because it's gobsmackingly, you-could-feed-a-developing-nation-for-that-amount-of-money expensive). I did a lot of research but: a) I had a hard time communicating the results of that research when it came time to relay the information to P; and, b) I have a husband who is maddeningly distrustful of my ability to do consumer research. He had to hear for himself, from an incredibly helpful and knowledgeable and nice camera expert, that the camera I want to buy will be the right camera for our needs.

Anyway, we actually held the camera in our hot little (or in P's case, hot gigantic) hands and touched and twisted and clicked and marveled at the coolness of the thing. Then we looked at lenses and then at bags and then we left and while P was amenable to the fancy camera plan before, he is now 100% on board and looking at photography stuff on the internet and getting as excited as I've been all along. It's going to be so fun!

Ironically, if I want to show you a photograph of the actual camera, I will have to take that photo with our old point-and-shoot. So it will be kind of a crappy photo compared to the other, new pictures we take. I love thinking about our new camera. I can't wait to get it.

P.S. I have this military jacket I've been wearing all autumn and I love it but feel like it makes me look considerably more intrepid than I actually am. The camera is going to increase my intrepidness quotient considerably, so I will be as intrepid as I look--just in time for the weather to be too cold for the jacket. More trivial irony...

No comments:

Post a Comment